Friday, November 17, 2006

University College Hospital (click to enlarge)

BASED ON A real hospital appointment I had in which the doctor asked me 'Do you ever get down?' I said, 'Well yeah, I've been down, but hasn't everyone? I'm not sure that's got anything to do with my disability.' The doctor said 'You'd be surprised. It probably has a lot to do with it.' I shrugged. Well OK doc, if you say so. I haven't read your textbooks after all, so you might be right. He then proceeded to ask me the exact questions you see before you in the comic. Timing is essential when writing a comic joke, they say. But surely it's better if life itself offers you a joke without you having to make any effort. You'll find a lot of that here. My life is a joke and I like it that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web hit counters