Friday, November 24, 2006

Cream? (click to enlarge)

THIS IS QUITE a common occurance. My wife and I will be out on a date I will order a coffee/food/cinema ticket, and the checkout person will reply not to me, but to my wife. I'm not sure whether they think I'm a child being trained to make an order and the first sentence is as far as I've got; 'I'll take over now dear, I'm not sure you're ready to extend this to a conversation.' Maybe they think I'm a disabled kid being taken on an occupational therapy excursion and my wife is my carer. (We'll return to this theme in future comics.) Maybe they think I've got some degenerative disease in which I can utter a first sentence, but any more than that and it tires me out too much. I don't know. Whatever it is, my wife and I sometimes like to have a joke about it, and sometimes in front of said checkout person... like so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web hit counters